I’ve made vegan ricotta before for my vegan lasagna but I added a bit extra umph for this tart!
Y’all. Puff pastry makes the world go round.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips, tricks and fun!
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a bit extra for a drizzle)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp non dairy milk (I used my homemade oat milk)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Puff pastry
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Chopped spinach (optional)
- Soak cashews for about an hour and press tofu.
- Roll the inside of the puff pastry out a bit to leave a thicker layer on the edges.
- Lightly score the edges and poke the inside with a fork and then bake at 425°F for about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, mix the drained cashews, olive oil, vinegar, oat milk, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and lemon zest/juice. Then add the tofu and pulse until combined.
- Once the pastry has cooled, smear the vegan ricotta on the whole inside (you may not use all the ricotta).
- Add the tomatoes, spinach and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.