I started the process for this with the simple 3 ingredient vegan cornbread recipe. Once I found out that it worked being veganized, it was time to test out a vegan version of my most favorite loaded cornbread ever!
This is a recipe from a neighbor that has since passed and means the world to me that I was able to have this again in memory of her! It’s my most favorite to eat with my vegan chili but who am I kidding, I’ve eaten it just straight up as a meal many times.
Be sure to watch my video for more info!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 – 4oz cans of fire roasted green chiles
- 2 boxes jiffy vegetarian mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 can creamed corn (make sure you check the ingredients but most are accidentally vegan)
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- Vegan sour cream (I prefer WayFare)
- Vegan cheese (I used chao for this but you do you)
- In a frying pan, start sautéing the chopped onion. Once they are close to being finished, add the slightly drained cans of chiles and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together the jiffy mix and baking powder. Then add the creamed corn and lightly whisked foamy aquafaba. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 13×9 pan and cover with onion/chile mixture.
- Top with the vegan sour cream and then the vegan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for about 30 minutes.