Smoky, sweet, tart, creamy, delicious. That’s all you need to know!
This is a super easy huge hit with every crowd!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2 dried ancho chiles
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 2-8oz containers vegan cream cheese (I prefer WayFare)
- Snip off the stems of the anchos and toast in a dry pot, flipping from time to time, for about 5-7 minutes. Add the water and let steep for another 2 minutes and then remove from heat and cool.
- Blitz the anchos and water in a blender or food processor until as smooth as you can get it. Then strain through a nut milk bag (I prefer Ellie’s best) for an even smoother sauce and return to pot.
- Add the maple syrup, sugar and cranberries to the pot as well and begin cooking for about 10-15 minutes until the cranberries have popped and it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a shallow dish, spread the vegan cream cheese and then pour on the cooked ancho cranberry sauce. Serve cold with crackers or a baguette.
One Comment Add yours