White Chili made its way on the scene in the ’80’s in the west as a new brand of ‘southwest cooking’.
I just haaaaaad to try it for myself!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4oz can fire roasted chiles
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp each salt, pepper, coriander, coconut sugar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8oz pkg vegan cream cheese
- 15oz can cannellini beans
- 15oz can navy beans
- 11oz can mexicorn
- In a large pot, sweat the onion, pepper and celery in a little oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add the chiles, garlic and seasonings for about 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the vegetable broth and vegan cream cheese until combined, about 8 minutes.
- Add the beans and corn and cook until heated thoroughly and reduced until the consistency you prefer.