I did soooooo much research and tested and adapted so many times this week y’all! But I’m so super proud of this recipe! And I think you’ll be delighted at the ease and the luxurious results! I had to make it pink for Valentine’s Day…because why not?!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 cup coconut cream (the thick stuff on top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp pink pitaya powder
- Puff pastry
- Powdered sugar for decoration (optional)
- In a sauce pan on the stove, whisk together everything but the puff pastry. Bring to a simmer while whisking for about 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Take off the heat and pour into a shallow dish, cover with cling wrap and chill.
- While that’s chilling, preheat oven to 400°F. Roll the puff pastry sheet so it is rectangle and then cut in half long ways.
- Place pieces on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Add more parchment paper on top and another baking sheet on top of that.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then take off the top layers and bake for another 5 until browned.
- Once puff pastry has cooled, cut into three equal rectangles for each piece.
- Assemble Mille-Feuille and dust with powdered sugar.