I’ve always wanted to try pupusasssssss! I’m immediately addicted!
Side note: I’ve been sleeping on jackfruit y’all! I’ll be making the jackfruit carnitas all the damn time now!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 – 20oz cans of green jackfruit
- 2 tsp each of cumin and garlic powder
- 1 tsp each of paprika, chili powder, chipotle chili pepper powder, sugar, salt
- 4 cups masa harina
- 2 more tsp of salt
- 3-3 1/4 cups water
- Vegan cheese
- Sauté the onion in a little while you drain and squeeze the jackfruit
- Chop the jackfruit and add to the onions and let cook for about 5 minutes
- Add a little more oil and all the spices and continue to cook until there’s some crispy bits, another few minutes
- Mix together the masa harina, 2 tsp salt and water – add a bit more water if the dough won’t make smooth patties and cracks too much, should be mailable
- Fill jackfruit and vegan cheese and make into a patty
- Cook on stove top until browned and cooked through
One Comment Add yours