Melting potatoes, or Fondant Potatoes as their proper name, are amazingly succulent cylinders of flavor!
The crisp on the outside and the soft fork tender melty center really makes these babies feel like you’re in a fancy restaurant!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2-3 russet potatoes, depending on size
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6-8 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- A few sprigs of Rosemary and Thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and chop potatoes about an inch thick and salt and pepper both flat sides
- In a cast iron, on medium to high heat, add the vegetable oil and half of the vegan butter
- Once the cast iron is preheated, carefully add the potatoes and sear for a couple minutes
- Flip potatoes and sear the other flat side and turn off the heat
- Very carefully and slowly, add the vegetable broth so the sides of the potatoes are about covered but not the tops
- Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme around the potatoes nestled in the broth
- Add the rest of the vegan butter in dollops on top of the potatoes
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes and pour leftover sauce on top before serving
One Comment Add yours