Ya know when your momma used to make a roast and the potatoes and carrots were at the bottom and they soaked up juices and cooked for hours and they were so delicious?
Then you went vegan but have been craving those potatoes for years….
Well crave no more baby! Even my omnivores kept asking if I was sure there was not meat in there 😂 clearly they approved!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2 1/2-3 lbs potatoes
- 1/2 bag ish of baby carrots
- 6-8 stalks celery
- Onion soup mix packets
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepp
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut potatoes into equal sized cubes
- Chop the rest of the veg smaller than the potatoes
- Add veg to a 13×9 and mix together with both packets of the onion soup mix box, garlic, salt and pepp
- Add butter chunks on top and then fill about 3/4 of the way full with vegetable broth
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes, take out and stir and then uncover and cook for another 2 hours ish….basically like you would a roast, I did 2 1/2 hours total but I could’ve probably even gone longer, I just got hungry, but make sure you stir it every now and then