Even though my team wasn’t in the Super Bowl, I just love football and food so much, it was still game on baby! I made an easy crockpot chili that I could have cooking all day long for snacks whenever anyone was hungry!
You can obviously eat this chili any way you want it but my favorite is using it to make nachos! Throw some vegan accoutrement on top and voila!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 15oz cans no salt black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 28oz can no salt crushed tomatoes
- 8oz can no salt tomato sauce
- 6oz can no salt tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, red pepper chili flakes, cinnamon
- 1 tsp each black pepper and sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- Sauté onions and peppers in a cast iron for extra flavor
- When they’re done, add them and the rest of the ingredients to a crockpot and stir
- If you’re eating right away, put it on high for 30-60 mins, if you’re leaving it to hang out, keep it on low for potlucks or lunches, etc