Here’s the deal. This was delicious. And if your local grocer doesn’t carry any brands of nondairy ice ‘creams’, this is a great replacement.
That being said….it’s not cost effective. It would be way cheaper to just buy it. It’s a good recipe to have but I don’t know that I’ll be making it unless I have the ingredients on hand and don’t feel like going to the store.
- 4 cans Coconut Milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate (I’m a fan of enjoy life, it’s gluten free too)
- 5 drops of green food coloring
- Scoop the thick cream part of the coconut milk cans into a bowl. Be sure not to get the water part, you only want the thick cream. You can discard the coconut water but that’s a waste, I’d save that for smoothies or just to drink!
- Add you powdered sugar, peppermint extract and food coloring to the bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip everything up until fluffy. This does not take very long at all!
- Fold in chocolate chips and freeze for a couple hours!