Apparently I’ve been feeling nostalgic recently! My mom used to make this super easy pasta salad for get togethers, growing up. I randomly thought about it the other day and realized it just so happened to be vegan!
So, I had to make it!
You can add celery or onions too, if you want but this is how I remember it and I like it just the way it is!
- 1 box of tri-color noodles (make sure they’re vegan, but most boxed ones are)
- 12oz container of grape tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing
- Cook your noodles according to package directions. Once they’re done, make sure to rinse them with cold water while they’re still in the strainer. This helps to stop the cooking of the noodles and starts to bring them to room temperature.
- While your noodles are cooking, you can half your tomatoes and cut your cucumbers in pieces that are about the size of the halved tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked noddles, tomatoes, cucumbers and about 3/4 of the bottle of Italian dressing.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for about an hour and then add the rest of the Italian dressing and stir.
- Chill for a few more hours or overnight so that the flavors marry.