Beets can help improve erectile dysfunction and increase blood flow to the clitoris. So, it is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
If you’re like my friend, Fe, and hate beets, using beet root powder is a great way to incorporate them!
You can also watch a full video of the recipe on my YouTube channel! https://youtu.be/QTnBd6h72vc
- 1/2 tsp ground flax + 3 tsp water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp beet root powder (or more for a deeper pink color for the kiddos)
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup earth balance ‘butter’
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Mix ground flax and water together and let sit until goopy.
- Melt the ‘butter’
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and beet root powder.
- In a smaller bowl, mix milk, ‘butter’ and vanilla together. Then add the flax mix when ready and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and fold until it comes together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Make your waffles.
- Eat them.
- You can drizzle vegan dark chocolate on top like I did or you can go traditional with syrup or jam. Any way you want them, go crazy!