My brother made this one time and I was hooked! This was what made me like beans! It is SUPER easy y’all! Because it’s a heartier version of a ‘salsa’, I like to use it in a lot of different ways. It’s super versatile.
I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does! And yes, it’s vegan!
Full How To Tutorial with Fun Serving Ideas
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can mexicorn/fiesta corn
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- Good seasonings Italian mix (you’ll need red wine vinegar and EVOO to make the dressing mix)
- Prepare the Italian dressing mix and set aside
- Wash your cucumber, cut it in half and then use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds. Then dice your cucumber about the size of your corn pieces
- Dice your onion about the size of your corn pieces
- Drain and rinse your beans
- Then add everything into one bowl and mix
- Store in tightly sealed container in the fridge for a few hours or overnight (preferably) for the flavors marry
- Eat! You can use tortilla chips to dip in it for a sports game or barbecue. You can make a quick guacamole bu mashing an avocado, lime juice and salt and pepper to put on top of little chip apps for more of a fancier cocktail party type get together. You can put some of it in tortillas with a quick guacamole and have a little lunch. So many things!
3 Comments Add yours