I went to a restaurant in Frederick that my friends kept telling me their malt vinegar aioli is everything….and they were right! So I decided to try and make my own vegan version….
Y’all…..this is everything! It was the fucking coolest thing to watch whip up but also the most delicious ‘sauce’ I’ve ever had for fries and sandwiches!!! It’s super cheap too!
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (the brine from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2-2 cups vegetable oil (or any flavorless oil of your choosing)
- Pour aquafaba, vinegar, mustard, salt and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, whip everything together until combined and frothy (about 30 seconds).
- Then, with the immersion blender running, slowly add your vegetable oil. I can’t emphasize slowly enough or else the consistency will break and won’t whip together properly.
- I started with 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil but then I add more, up to 2 cups total, to get it the consistency I want. If it’s too thin, add more vegetable oil. It seems counter productive but the oil actually makes it thicker and creamier.
- Serve with fries or on sandwiches or whatever your heart desires.
- Lasts for about a week in the fridge, covered.