You know those onion and Gorgonzola appetizers they sell in the freezer section of the grocery store? I’ve always been addicted to them! But they’re wayyyyyy over priced and aren’t vegan. So, I set out to make my own!
Mind. Blown. I fucking nailed it!
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Vegan cream cheese (I used go veggie)
- 1/2 container of vegan Parmesan (I used follow your heart)
- 1/2 of vegan blue cheese (I used MozzaRisella)
- Puff pastry sheet
- Chop and cook your onion between low/medium with some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) for about 45 minutes.
- Then add your balsamic vinegar and turn down heat to low and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until it forms more of a glaze consistency.
- While your onions are onion-ing, use a hand mixer to whip together the vegan cream cheese, vegan blue cheese and vegan Parmesan together, set aside.
- Cut puff pastry into 24 small squares.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with pam and place each puff pastry square in each hole.
- Fill each hole with a little bit of the cheesey mixture.
- Top each with the balsamic onion mixture.
- Bake at 420 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes until cooked through….no soggy bottoms!