I wanted to kick up my dinner rolls a notch for the holidays. What better way to do so than with pumpkin?!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup ￼oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups flour (plus extra for kneading)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the yeast, sugar, oat milk and water and then let sit for 5-10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- After that time, add the rest of the ingredients and start mixing until it becomes to hard to and then turn out onto a floured surface. Knead first a few minutes until it comes together, adding extra flour as it needs if it’s too sticky. Form into a large bowl and place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Once it has risen, cut into small pieces. I prefer to do 16 dinner rolls but you can make less balls so that they’re bigger. Whichever you choose, just form into balls and place in a greased 13×9 baking dish, cover and let rise again for about a half hour.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for about 15-20 minutes, depending on ball size.