Stuffed peppers have never been my fave so I figured let’s jazz it up with some Buffalo chikin dip esq kind of thing…jackfruit is PERFECT for such a thing! I’m so glad I found it!
Be sure to watch the recipe video for more tips and fun!
- Peppers (I prefer using the small sweet peppers but you can certainly use regular sized peppers)
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 20oz cans of green jackfruit
- 1/4-1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 cup vegan ranch (I used WayFare but you can use my vegan ranch recipe if you’re not being lazy like me)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (Frank’s is accidentally vegan)
- Vegan cheddar to sprinkle on top (I prefer follow your heart)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Sauté diced onion and celery while you drain and squeeze the water out of the jackfruit
- Chop the jackfruit and add to the sautéing onion and celery and add the seasonings
- Continue cooking on the stove for just a few minutes and then take off the heat and add the vegan ranch and Buffalo
- Stuff halved and de-seeded peppers and sprinkle with vegan cheese
- Bake for about 15 minutes