Chicken salad/Tuna salad/Egg salad/Seafood salad…..it’s all the same shit, really. Pretty much the same ingredients, just changing the meat. Soooooooo, why not use a veg instead?!
All I saw for a mock sandwich salad was chick peas, chick peas, chick peas. Look. I like hummus. But chick peas just aren’t really my jam. My Vegan ‘Crab’ Cakes and Vegan Buffalo Taquitos sparked an idea in my brain and in the words of Janice…..
Oh. My. God!
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained completely of moisture and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp sweet relish (or regular if you’re going for no sugar)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put on some vegan bread, a vegan wrap, in a lettuce wrap or eat with crackers or cucumbers.