I feel like sweet potato casserole is just an excuse to eat dessert at dinner, am I right or am I right? 😜
This baby has some texture, some body, some gooey ness and some delish all wrapped into one!
If you’re like me and you can’t find vegan marshmallows near you and can’t afford the expense to have them shipped, be sure to check out me Vegan Marshmallow Recipe.
- 3lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter substitute
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Vegan marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes in about 1 inch sized equal pieces and put into a large pot.
- Cover potatoes with cold water until they are just a little over covered.
- Once sweet potatoes start boiling, let them hang out for about 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain well, put in a large bowl, add vegan butter substitute and mash.
- Then add nondairy milk, cinnamon, salt to taste and 2/3 cup of the pecans and stir.
- Put sweet potato mash in a 13×9 pan and smooth out.
- Cut marshmallows into smaller pieces and distribute on top with a little space between. Then take the other 1/3 cup of pecans and put them in those empty spaces between the mallows.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the mallows have a nice golden top.