My sister in law introduced us to her Aunt’s amazing breakfast casserole years ago. We ate it for Christmas morning breakfast every year and for so many other meals too! Ever since going Vegan, I really wanted to see if I could make this delicious nostalgic meal cruelty free, the best I could.
I fucking nailed it, y’all. Like, all of my vegan nostalgic comfort food cravings have been fulfilled! Eat this. Don’t wait. Just do it. Nike.
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 tsp each of baking powder, salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp extra Virgin Olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 8oz package vegan breakfast sausage (I used lightlife but you do you boo)
- 8oz package vegan shredded cheese (I did goveggie but again, just do what you like)
- 2 tubs crescent rolls (check your ingredients to make sure it’s vegan but most are)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut veggies and set aside.
- Combine garbanzo bean flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Then add the water and EVOO and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Brown the breakfast sausage and sauté veggies, all in one pan on medium heat.
- In a 13×9 greased pan, put one of the crescent roll packages in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix garbanzo bean mixture, which is your ‘eggs’ with your sausage/veggie mixture and all of your cheese. Pour that on top of the crescents in the pan.
- Then put the second tube of crescent rolls on top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, but remember that every oven varies, so keep an eye on it but also don’t be afraid to cook longer if you think it needs it.