I veganized Guy Fieri’s Garlic Onion Tortilla Cake! I also made some adjustments because I call BS on some of it!
Here is his original recipe in case you’re curious.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and hilarity!
- 4 heads of garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large red onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup follow your heart vegan parmesan
- 10 large tortillas
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut off the tips of the garlic heads and drizzle with a little oil then wrap in aluminum foil. Roast for about an hour.
- On medium heat, quickly sauté the onions and vegetable oil for just 5 minutes. Then add the vegan butter and coconut sugar until caramelized.
- Once the onions and garlic have cooled, mix them with the vegan mayo and vegan parm.
- Then put in the fridge for about a half hour.
- Save a couple spoonfuls of the mix to make a dip later. Then spread a spoonful or two on a tortilla, add another tortilla on top and keep layering.
- Wrap the tortilla cake up and store in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Cut the tortilla cake in 16 wedges and grill on each side. You can certainly use a grill pan or even just a regular pan if you’re not feeling going outside.
- Mix the leftover mix with balsamic vinegar as a dip.