I love football. Judge me. Go Ravens! I meannnnn, the Redskins (despite their completely racist name) has a special place in my heart since I grew up in a family who loved them. So I wanted to make a fall football snack for the game this weekend!
Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Bites on fleek! Isn’t that what the kids say? Am I old? Don’t answer that.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 and 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cup flour (plus a little extra for kneading)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 4 cups water
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix the active dry yeast, water, oat milk and sugar together and let bloom about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the yeast has bloomed, add the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and melted butter. Mix until you can’t any longer and turn out onto a floured surface. Knead for about 3-5 minutes, adding more flour if it becomes sticky and you need to.
- Form into a ball and put into a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise about an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface and cut into about 8 pieces. Roll into snakes and cut into ‘bites’.
- In a pot, add the 4 cups water until hot and about boiling, then add the baking soda until dissolved. Add the bites in batches and mix around for about 30 seconds and then pull out and put on a greased baking sheet. Continue until you’ve bathed them all in the baking soda bonanza.
- Bake in a preheated 465°F oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix together the sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Toss the bites in the melted vegan butter and then the sugar/pumpkin pie spice mixture.