One of my super good friends from school invited me over for Cinco De Mayo celebrations! Because she was making taquitos, I decided I wanted to try a Vegan and Gluten Free version! Needless to say, we ate taquitos all week long perfecting the recipe! 🤣
- Small corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup vegan buffalo sauce
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Tomato Cayenne Chao ‘Cheese’
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tightly wrap your stack of corn tortillas in aluminum foil and put them in the oven to warm through for about 20-30 minutes.
- While your tortillas are warming up, start your inside filling.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then partially smash them in a large bowl. Make sure to leave some whole chickpeas too.
- Drain and dry artichoke hearts, then quick chop into chunks.
- Dice red onion.
- Add artichokes, chili powder and cumin to chickpeas and mix.
- Then add the rest of your ingredients, except the ‘cheese’, and mix together.
- Cut ‘cheese’ slices into thirds.
- When tortillas come in, turn up the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place a spoon full in the middle and add a piece of your ‘cheese’. Roll up and place on a well greased cookie sheet.
- Once all taquitos are rolled, spray the tops with Pam.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
3 Comments Add yours
All of your recipes look amazing. Can’t wait to try them!