My step father brought home boxes and boxes of ‘damaged’ noodles that were just going to be thrown away! They were perfectly good! So I’ve been working on a plethora of pasta dishes!
This is so easy, you don’t even have to pre-cook your noodles!
- 1 big eggplant (or 2 small)
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 2 jars tomato, onion, garlic spaghetti sauce (about 48 Oz if you’re making your own)
- 2 packages of Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella
- Vegan Ricotta (easy recipe)
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and thinly slice your eggplant. Place on greased cookie sheets in a thin layer. Then spray more pam on top or drizzle with a little oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While your eggplant is roasting, you can begin prepping your other ingredients.
- I like to put my vegan Mozz blocks in the freezer so that they’re easier to shred. So, shred your Mozz and get out the rest of your ingredients. You can certainly make your Vegan Ricotta during this time if you haven’t already prepped it.
- Once the veggies are done, you can begin assembling. Turn your oven down to 350 degrees F.
- Put a little sauce on the bottom of a 13X9 inch casserole dish and place 3 of your lasagna noodles. Then add some of the ricotta, then your Mozz on top of that. Then layer your eggplant. Cover with sauce. Then add noodles again, ricotta, Mozz, eggplant, sauce…and so on and so forth. When you get to the top layer, I switch it up and do the ricotta, then the sauce, then the Mozz. I don’t use eggplant on the top either.
- Then pour your 1/4 cup of water around the edges. Cover tightly in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Then take the aluminum foil off and continue baking for another 15/20 minutes until your cheese on top of melty and bubbly.