You guys! Look. Y’all know me by now and know that I hate Tofu. It’s just not my jam……
I take it back! Tofu innnnnn something or broken down….is EVERYTHING!
I wanted lasagna. We don’t have any vegan ricotta replacements at my local grocer….sooooo….make my own, it is! And I’m so thankful I did!
My Tofu hating omnivore mom had a couple bites of this straight up! What?!?!?!?! #nailedit
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for about an hour)
- 1 block of firm Tofu
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cashew milk (or the non dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- Start by draining your Tofu and then putting it between paper towels with something weighted on top, for about 20 minutes.
- While that is draining completely, start pulsing your soaked cashews in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Then add everything else except the tofu and pulse some more, scraping down the sides, until combined well.
- Crumble in your finished tofu and pulse lightly! You don’t need it super smooth because ricotta is grainy and textural.
- Boom! Vegan Ricotta!
- If you don’t want to use it to make lasagna, you can certainly forego the Italian seasonings, but with those seasonings, I also like to just put it on some crackers for a nice protein filled snack!