Whenever we go camping, I love stopping at our local Amish market for pimento cheese spread! Clearly it’s not vegan, so I haven’t had it in awhile. Since we’re about to go camping, I decided I just had to try and veganize this favorite of mine! It’s so freaking easy, it’s totally worth giving it a try!
- 1 pkg vegan cream cheese (I like to use the chive and onion or garden vegetable but plain will do just as well)
- 1 pkg vegan cheddar cheese block (I used daiya, because their farmhouse block is better than their shreds)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo (I’m partial to hellmans but use whichever you prefer)
- 4oz jar of pimentos (liquid and all)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce, or you can omit)
- 1/2 tsp Roasted garlic powder (regular would work or you can omit altogether if you don’t love garlic as hard as I, I just love the roasted kind so much)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients, except the cheddar cheese in a blender and blitz it until combined. It’s ok for the pimentos to still be chunky, we want that.
- Shred your block cheddar cheese and add to your mixture. Pulse just a few times until it’s mixed it but again, you want to keep the chunks.
- You can put it on crackers, on tortillas or pita, and sandwiches!
Here’s mine on my buffalo cauliflower sandwich!