An oldie but a goodie! This is a popular recipe that I started making about 5 or 6 years ago before we became vegan. I knew I had to find a perfect way to not only make them vegan but make them full proof!
There’s just so many versions and I call bullshit on most of them. Those recipes are complicated, soggy and use the frying method. I ain’t got time for complicated fried mush! I promise you these will be delicious Every. Damn. Time.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any favorite non dairy milk)
- Buffalo sauce (I use franks because it’s accidentally vegan)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp roasted garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut cauliflower into ‘wing’/’nugget’ style pieces and set aside.
- Mix salt, pepper and roasted garlic powder into the flour.
- Mix the sriracha into the almond milk, then pour into the flour and stir until just combined.
- In a big bowl, pour the flour/milk mixture onto your cauliflower bites and stir until fully coated.
- Pour Panko on the coated cauliflower and just barely toss until coated.
- Pour cauliflower onto a well greased cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once cauliflower is done, put cauliflower in a big bowl and lightly toss with buffalo sauce until fully coated. Then transfer back to the cookie sheet and put back into your 400 degree oven for about 3 minutes, until the sauce has dried onto the cauliflower and is crisped back up.
I put these on salads, in wraps, in appetizer recipes or just straight up! Warning, they’re super addicting!