My mom and her mom are obsessed with these cookies that have multiple names. I’ve heard them called Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes and Snowball Cookies. All the same thing y’all. They’re a buttery crunchy yet melt in your mouth ball of delicious. I knew I had to find a way to veganize them. Then I went a step farther and Gluten freed them too because, well, why the hell not.
They’re a staple in my online vegan bakery, which you can still order from but will also be featured in my ecookbook coming in the beginning of 2019. I wanted to give y’all a sneak peek into not only my bakery but into the ecookbook as well.
I also did a cookie swap with a couple other fellow vegan youtubers with this recipe that was so much fun!
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup vegan butter replacement
- 1/2 cup vegan powdered sugar (plus a bit more for dusting at the end)
- A dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift the gf flour, salt and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the vegan butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Add your dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredient mix about a half at a time until just blended.
- Add nuts and mix until just blended.
- Cover dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour until the dough firms back up.
- Roll dough into balls (about 36) and bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, roll them in some extra powdered sugar and place on parchment paper.
- Once completely cooled, roll them again in the extra powdered sugar.