It’s getting cold AF where I live and I keep our heat suuuuuper low since we’re stuck on oil heat and I hate wasting it.
Time for hot meals and lazy cooking in the crockpot!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 large onion (I used purple (red) because that’s what I have on hand but you can do whichever)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 cup coconut milk (plus extra when serving)
- Rough chop squash, onion, pepper and apple.
- Throw those into a crockpot and add garlic, vegetable stock, salt, pepper and chai tea bag.
- Put crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours until veggies are nice and soft.
- After that time, pull out the tea bag and using an immersion blender, purée everything up in the crockpot until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk and keep on warm until serving. This is when you can add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Once served in bowls, you can add a titch more coconut milk to each bowl for extra creaminess.