Eeeeeeevery once in awhile I have extra vegan buffalo chikin dip leftover. I wanted to figure out a cool new way to reinvent it besides throwing it on a sandwich as a ‘spread’ or just heating up in the microwave.
These Pepper Poppers are giving me lyyyyyffffeeeee! I ain’t fucking around with these fried beauties, so much so that I want to make the dip just to use in them!
- Vegan Buffalo Chikin Dip
- Sweet Peppers (or jalapeños)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Panko
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut sweet peppers in half and fill with the vegan buffalo chikin dip.
- Cover and freeze for a couple of hours or until you’re ready to use them.
- Preheat oil on medium to medium/high heat in a pot or fryer while prepping the next step.
- Take out 3 bowls. Fill one with the Panko, one with half the flour and another with the other half.
- Add salt and pepper to the two bowls of flour.
- Add the unsweetened nondairy milk to one of the bowls of flour and whisk together into a batter consistency.
- Using one hand for the dry bowls and the other for the wet, dip the frozen poppers, one by one, into the flour, then batter, then Panko.
- Once all are prepared, add about 4-5 at a time to the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Continue the process until you’re done the batches.