I saw one of the quick Facebook videos a few years ago and have been meaning to make these. Luckily Greggy’s momma hooked us up with some apples from the orchard so it was perfect timing!
They look fancy as hell but are so super easy to make! You can even prep them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge then just bake them when your guests arrive! They’ll be blown away!
Be sure to watch my VIDEO for more tips and fun!
- 2 apples
- 3 tbsp water
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 container of vegan cream cheese (about 4oz, I prefer WayFare but you do you)
- Store bought puff pastry
- Powdered sugar dusting (optional)
- Slice apples thinly and put them in a microwave safe bowl with the water and lemon juice. Microwave for about 2-3 minutes until they become soft and more pliable. Let them cool and pat them dry.
- While you’re waiting on your apples, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and then add half to the vegan cream cheese and mix.
- Cut both puff pastry sheets in the pack into 4 equal parts long ways so that you end up with 8 total.
- Spread the vegan cream cheese mixture on half long ways and stack the apples so that some stick out but they are a little over lapped. Sprinkle with some of the remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Fold the puff pastry over to cover the apples and roll up. Place in a greased cupcake tin.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown then dust with powdered sugar after they have cooled!