Sugar Cookies used to be the bane of my existence. I stopped trying to make them over 10 years ago and that was before I was vegan. I was inspired and decided to challenge myself once again.
Y’all! I did it!! They’re so super easy, delicious, chewy, crunchy, everything you want in a sugar cookie! I HIGHLY recommend these beauties, not just for Christmas!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp each of baking soda, baking powder, salt
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg replacer (I used EnerG which is 1 1/2 tsp powder to 2 tbsp warm water but make sure you follow the directions on the one you use)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Food coloring of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the vegan butter and sugar until paler in color and fluffier.
- Then add the egg replacer and vanilla and mix again another minute.
- Add half the flour mixture at a time to the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop and form balls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two and then place on parchment paper.
- Once cooled, mix together the glaze ingredients and spread on cookies.