This ain’t your grandmas potato salad….this is something that has been kicked up a notch!
Ok so Hellmans makes a bomb diggity vegan mayo, I highly recommend 👇🏼
Also, I like to use stone ground mustard instead of yellow mustard, it makes quite the difference 👇🏼
And of course the most important part is roasting your potatoes and onions instead of boiling!
All the carbs!
- 5lb bag red potatoes
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 c. Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. Old bay
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 1/4 c. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut red potatoes into small cubes.
3. Rough 1 1/2 of the onions in big chunks. Dice the other 1/2 of onion in small pieces and set aside.
4. Toss the potatoes and big chunks of onions in olive oil and some salt and pepper. Don’t be shy with the salt if you don’t have cholesterol issues, potatoes require a lot. Then put on greased cookie sheets and bake for about 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway.
5. Let potatoes cool.
6. Mix mayo, mustard and old bay. Then add cooled potatoes, and diced onion half. Toss. I don’t like super heavy mayo potato salad but if you do, you can always add more to your liking.
7. Cover and chill in fridge for about 2 hours, then add crushed pecans before serving.