I’ve always been obsessed with cheese and crackers for as long as I can remember! When going vegan, I think the hardest part is the cheese, for me. And don’t get me started on the weird processed crap from the store.
This walnut ‘cheese’ ball is pretty legit and may have finally changed my mind on vegan ‘cheese’! We enjoyed it with beet crackers!
- 1 cup walnuts (plus a little extra for the outside)
- 2 tbsp no salt added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Pulse 1 cup walnuts until finely ground.
- Add reminding ingredients except water and combine.
- Add water and combine.
- Place mixture in a pile on some Saran Wrap and cover up into a ball shape.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Unwrap ball and roll in remaining crushed walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy!