My vegetarian recipe of my spinach and artichoke puffs was featured on ABC’s The Chew!
Since going vegan, I knew I had to try and use my favorite vegan replacements to make this recipe completely dairy free!
Aaaaaaand I did it! Competition with yourself is the only one that matters!
You can watch their rendition of my original recipe here.
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 3/4 bag of Baby spinach (5oz or 6 cups)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 Oz jar of marinated artichokes, drained
- 8oz container of vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan
- 1 sheet puff pastry (make sure you read the ingredients to ensure it’s vegan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté onions in a tiny bit of olive oil in pan for a few minutes then add spinach and garlic.
- As the onions are sautéing and the spinach has wilted, add the drained artichokes and kind of cut up them with your spatula into smaller pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add the vegan cream cheese, vegan sour cream and vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the puff pastry in 12 equal sections using a pizza cutter. Put those in a greased cupcake pan.
- Spoon the spinach artichoke cheese mixture into the puff pastry.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until pastry is cooked all the way through. No soggy bottoms!
- Eat and Enjoy!