Cranberry sauce is super easy and usually vegan anyways. But I wanted to avoid the high fructose corn syrup from the cans and homemade just tastes better. I never really like cranberry sauce until I tried my sister in law’s. Game changer. This recipe is inspired by Cookie and Kate.
Be sure to watch my video for tips!
- 12oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup + a little extra more
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Rinse and drain your cranberries, then add to a medium sauce pan.
- Add water and 1/2 cup maple syrup to the cranberries and turn the heat on the stove to medium high.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to medium low and stir occasionally for about 6-8 minutes.
- While the cranberries and cranberrying, zest and juice your orange.
- Once the sauce has thickened and all cranberries have popped, remove from heat and add the zest, juice, cinnamon and a little extra maple syrup to your liking. I usually just do a tablespoon but it’s up to your preference.
- I make mine ahead of time and stir in the fridge because I quite like mine cold.
3 Comments Add yours
this is probably a stupid question, but how much orange zest?
I zest the whole orange since I’m using the juice from it anyways