Guuuuurrrrrlllll, I’ve been having so much fun veganizing old school recipes that we grew up on, like those throw together bisquick sausage balls with cheese!
Hello happiness in a ball, how are ya?! There are a couple things I do differently in this recipe than just using vegan replacements because science.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 14oz pkg Lightlife vegan sausage
- 7oz pkg chao tomato cayenne vegan cheese, shredded
- 3 cups bisquick
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter replacement, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, using your hands, mix together the bisquick, vegan sausage, vegan cheese and EVOO until well incorporated.
- Form this mixture into about 1 inch sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- When your balls come out of the oven, brush the tops with the melted vegan butter.
- Serve with any dip of your choosing.
*Makes about 36 balls*