I wanted to make a cornbread. It’s almost Thanksgiving. So uhhhhh, I made a fucking pumpkinnnnn cornbread. Shit got real….reeeal delicious!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used almond but to each their own)
- 2 tbsp vinegar (apple cider or white)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 15oz can (about 2 cups) pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the vinegar into the nondairy milk and let sit for about 10 minutes. That makes a vegan ‘buttermilk’.
- While that sits, mix cornmeal, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar and EVOO together.
- Then add the pumpkin and whisk.
- Add your vegan ‘buttermilk’ mixture and whisk.
- Then put the whisk down and fold the dry mixture into the wet. Only combine until just mixed or it’ll get too tough.
- Transfer for a greased pan, I enjoy a round one but you do you boo.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven. They all vary, let’s be honest. You can use the toothpick trick.