Biscuits and Gravy are lyyyyfffeeee!!! I had to come up with a super easy vegan biscuit recipe! I added rosemary for an extra flavor profile and for the added health benefits!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp – ish freshly chopped rosemary
- 3/4 cup vegan ‘butter’, I used Smart Balance
- 1 1/4 cups cashew milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Add your ‘butter’ in chunks to the dry mixture and mix through with your hands.
- Add the cashew milk and stir until mostly combined.
- Gently knead for just a second or two on a well floured surface until it isn’t sticky.
- Gently pat out and cut into biscuit size of your choosing.
- Add a little bit of cashew milk on top of each biscuit and sprinkle a little more rosemary.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown!
You can enjoy as is or make a simple vegan gravy to put on top!
I’ve also used 2 tsp of pepper instead of Rosemary because I was out. And then I put my Vegan Chili on top!
2 Comments Add yours